Sunday, May 20, 2012

Nails Of The Week and some News

Ok I seriously didn't like my birthday mani and since I didn't have internet all day I chose to re-do my nails. And I took a ton of pics lol. I also have a little haul to do but I totally forgot to take pics today and the lighting in my house seriously sucks :( Anyhow I didn't ever realize that LA Colors made the Art Deco art brush polishes and never noticed that it says LA Colors right on the Art Deco bottle. Duh lol that'll teach me to pay attention. But yesterday I got LA Colors Jewel Tone (since when do they name the polishes? None of my older ones have names lol) and thought it looked an awful lot like an Art Deco:
Now onto the nails!




So this is 2 coats of Circuits by LA Colors (black) and 2 coats of Jewel Tone (blue and purple glitter). So pretty but I felt it needed a little something so I stamped some stars using my new Born Pretty plate M17. Sorry no pics of just that added lol. I still thought it needed something. The other day I dug through all my other craft supplies and found some sequins that I've had for years and since I just happened to have some blue and purple stars I stuck those on too lol. 
Oh look, my right hand!




I always do my left hand first since I'm a righty and I found out quick that my star sequins were definitely not color-safe. As soon as I tried to topcoat with my Seche Vite the color started comin off. You can kinda see it in a couple of these pics. At this point Ive lost one star (off my right index finger) and most of the other ones are almost all silver :( So cute idea but need better sequins lol. Anyhow I still like it and I'll just end up peelin them off and top coating them again :) And I finally got almost all of them square shaped woohoo!
On a side note I've found a few nail art apps on the Android market (now the play store)  and I totally love them! Ive gotten some good ideas and if nothing else its nice to look at pretty nails ;) They are Hair, Nails and Makeup which has tips for all three as well as vids and pics and the other app is Nail Art Gallery. You can download pics from both apps. Ok this is gettin super long so I'm gonna stop lol. As always thanks for stoppin by :)


6 comments:

  1. I like it both with and without the stars, a gorgeous color - but being partial to both blue and purple, that's predictable LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have around a hundred or so and most of those are blue and purple lol. On my polish shelf I have the blues in front so thats what everyone sees.

      Delete
  2. your nails are amazing! i love the length and i love this manicure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much! Ive actually been filing them down a little every time I do them trying to get them nicely square. Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  3. Too funny.. I just bought Jewel Tone the other day and I tried it out over one of my nails. I decided I'd try it out again over a black polish to see how it looks. Circuits is my black polish. So thanks for trying this little combo out for me! :) Really cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all really lol. I first used it as the Art Deco version ages ago just as accent stripes over a full black nail and kinda forgot how much I loved it. Thanks for reading and following :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment :)