Sunday, June 17, 2012

Gay Pride Month, Naked Nails, NOTW and a messge

For Gay Pride Month everyone is doing some kind of themed nails. I wanted to take it up a notch of course, try to do something a little different. It doesn't help that the rainbow has seven colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet) and I have 5 toes on each foot and 5 fingers on each hand (as do most people lol). So I did a little improvising: 
The other pics are terrible really but the colors show great:

Sorry it was right after my shower so my toes are wrinkly lol. Anywho this is WnW Red Red, WnW Sunny Side Up, Ulta Sun-sational, Sinful Colors Irish Green, the big toe has 3 colors (though you can't really tell lol) Zoya Tallulah, a mix of WnW Bijou Blue and Fingerpaints Be A Pal-ette for the indigo, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Purple Potion, CG Fairy Dust and WnW Kaleidoscope over it all. That's a lot of polishes


As for my fingers I wanted to do something a little different so I decided to paint them white using Fingerpaints Well Cultured Pearl and stamp rainbow colored flowers on them using my MASH 15 plate. 

 So same colors minus the indigo since I just didn't have enough nail room lol. My nails really are way shorter than they were though you really can't tell. 
As far as I'm concerned it shouldn't be just one month out of the year I feel it should be an all the time thing, pride for who we are and what we support. Gay Pride to me means being yourself and feeling that you won't be hated for who you are and what or who you like. Maybe if everyone was more accepting of others the world would be a happier place. Maybe if you didn't feel you would be persecuted for your beliefs, feelings and sexual orientation everyone would be more confident and get along better. Maybe there would be less bullying and suicides. It's something that I have personally dealt with as well as seen for myself. No one is asking for special rights just EQUAL rights. 


My wish is a wish that people will soon understand that being gay is not a disease or a choice! People who are gay are not looking for a cure or special rights, but acceptance and Equal Rights.


Will you be doing something for Pride Month? I might add something to my toes :) 


As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you all take a look at how you treat others :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment :)