Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Mani Routine

If you read the Exfoliator review you may know that I regularly use one as part of my routine. But here is the whole thing from start to finish :) 
As you can see I added a flower by stamping with China Glaze Carribean Temptaion and  Red Angel plate RA-109
The gold is Art Deco


Step 1: Take off old polish. (I use pure acetone though it's not great for you)


Step 2: Exfoliate with any kind of exfoliater that you like. If you'd like to see what I use click here


Step 3: Let dry completely, then file.


Step 4: Moisturize. I use a thick creamy lotion like Dermasil (its only $1.00 at Dollar Tree and works great!)


Step 5: Clean nails. I use rubbing alcohol or Zoya Remove +. You could just go wash your hands but I'd rather just clean the nail and leave the lotion on :)


Step 6: Paint! Basecoat, polish, any art, top coat.


And that's it! I don't use cuticle oil as I decided I hate it and after using it decided I didn't see any difference. I also do absolutely nothing with my cuticles since they seem just fine to me lol. Of course everyone has different opinions on things, some say not to use acetone while others praise it. Some swear by cuticle oil, while I  think its completely unnecessary. Once every couple weeks or so (or if my nails are really stained) I will buff out the ridges I get on the top of my nails as well.


So what do you do?


As always, thanks for stopping by :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment :)